Friday 17 July 2009

A work in progress

It's my friends Owen and Carolyn's wedding in a few weeks and sadly I can't make it. I was busy yesterday making their wedding present and it's nearly finished!

I've made them a set of 4 cushion covers like the ones I blogged about over here, it's the first time they'll be living together so they're in need of all the normal household things.

I was just given this lovely book for my birthday, Handmade: Gorgeous things to make with love. (courtesy of Vicky!). It has lots of lovely suggestions for handmade cards and wrapping paper and since I've never really tried paper crafts before, I thought I'd give it a go. I've ordered 10 pre-cut and folded cards with matching envelopes off ebay so once they've arrived I've just got to decorate them. I'm seeing felt hearts with hand-sewn buttons but we'll see what happens once they drop through the letter box.
In the meantime though I've been playing around with potato prints! I haven't done this since primary school but I'm pretty pleased with the results. The hearts on the right and left edges will be hidden when the present is wrapped so I experimented on those bits before printing the main body of the paper. It's just ordinary brown postal paper, 99p a roll from the Post Office. I'm really pleased with the results, I'll never be buying normal wrapping paper again!

Photobucket

The cushion covers, just waiting a card and some wrapping paper:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the book's coming in useful! I always worry when I buy you books these days that you're already able to do the stuff within. The potato prints look awesome though! xx

Unknown said...

That book is awesome! It's so nice just to browse through over breakfast, though its frustrating that I don't have more time to make all the lovely things! xx