Wednesday 28 July 2010

Calvin and Hobbes tote

I've had this t-shirt for years now, I traded for it with a girl on thriftstore thinking I would alter it to wear (it was a men's XL). Unfortunately though, my skills with stretch jersey are slim to none and so it's languished in my 'clothes to alter' trunk for the past few years. I was planning on digging it out once I learn how to alter t-shirts so I don't end up "looking like a whore" (thanks Mum!) but I really want to use it sometime before 2017 and so I thought I'd make it into a tote instead.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, the fabric is a little bulky so it's not terribly practical to fold into a bag in case I need a shopping bag but it's perfect for slinging over my shoulder for a quick trip to Scotmid. I've used it pretty much every other day since I made it, so that makes it a success in my mind!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lined with Ikea red stripy ticking:
Photobucket

No comments: