Friday 20 August 2010

Cable knit gloves

I'm so in love with these gloves! They took me 3 attempts (one of which involved putting the right thumb on the wrong side, leaving me with 2 left gloves) but they're going to be totally worth it, I (almost) wish it was cool enough at the moment for me to wear them!

They were a pattern from Ravelry, Kat's Chunky Cabled Gloves. It was a bit daunting starting them as the only other pair made on Ravelry were by the author. Normally I like patterns were thousands of people have made it before me, meaning if I get stuck I can look at other people's notes.

I'm pretty proud of these though!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In other news I'm still struggling on with my Simplicity skirt (2656 if anyone is interested). I wish I'd checked reviews before I bought it, I've now realised that I'm not the only one struggling with it. Still, I'm a cunning fox and have made this one in cheap cotton that I don't really care about so if I have to abandon it, I won't have lost too much. I'll keep you updated!

No comments: