Saturday 11 December 2010

Sneak peak for 2011!

Here's one of the projects I've been working on for my Etsy shop for 2011 - fat quarters!

I had a big sort-out of my fabric a few months back (mainly because Andrew picked a fight with me about the amount of space it takes up - boys just don't understand) and tried to be really harsh on myself so that the entire stash now fits into one large trunk, one wooden box (still in the process of being made over!) and 2 smaller storage boxes. When I write it out like that it seems like I have loads of fabric...which I guess is the case, though it feels like you can never have enough...

Photobucket

So, to help me pass some along, I decided to make some fat quarters for the shop. That way I'm technically getting rid of fabric, though it will still be in the house, just in my 'Etsy shop box' instead of my 'fabric stash boxes'. See what I did there? Cunning eh? It also motivates me to destash when I know it's adding stock to my shop = greater chances of being found in searches etc. So I guess, winners all round!

Photobucket

I'm planning another giveaway in January as well, I'm 2 hearts away from having 100 hearts in my Etsy shop so I feel like that's a good enough excuse to do a giveaway. Maybe some of the fat quarters will be a prize? Watch this space anyway!

2 comments:

SewHappyGeek said...

Awww, your blog is so cute! I love your banner, did you make it? I'm trying to learn html and css to make the blog better... love the flowery fabrics! Gonna be very tempting!

Unknown said...

Haha, thank you! My banner is made by my friend Vicky, you can check out her website here > http://www.victoriatalbot.com/

Keep your eyes peeled in the New Year, I might be giving away some of the FQ! :-)