Saturday 29 January 2011

Thrifted teacosies

Following on from yesterday's post about my car boot finds, here are the teacosies I was telling you about!

Photobucket

I love this little house, I wasn't too sure when I bought it but it was such a bargain (50p!) that I had to have it anyway and since then it's just grown and grown on me! It's so bright and cheery, plus I love the idea of my teapot living inside it. Andrew hates it of course, but luckily is pretty tolerant of the stuff I bring home from thrift trips!

Look, lace curtains! So my teapot can twitch them at the neighbours!

Photobucket

This is the one I mentioned yesterday that I got for free, how cute is it?! It perfectly fits my little teapot that I use to make herbal tea for myself, it's a little bit big but I figure it'll grow into it.

Photobucket

I had a really hard time this morning taking photos, nothing was coming out right, everything was fuzzy or grainy or too dark or too light. I listed some things in my Etsy shop and it took me ages to get even half-decent photos. In the end with some of them I just had to go with the best I could get, though I'm very aware that they're not half as professional looking as I'd like them to be. Going through my shop as well, there are a lot of items that are from back when I first opened the shop and didn't know so much about Etsy, so didn't use all 5 of the photo slots or some of them are a bit out of focus or too dark and they look super amateur. It's frustrating, I'd love to go through and rephotograph everything but it would take so long and with my crappy camera, probably come out just the same. Ideally I would like to take all my items somewhere to have someone take the photos professionally for me, at least until I have money to buy a new decent camera and time and space to set up a proper photography area in my house. There's a girl in my class who takes amazing photos and is really into it so I reckon she would do them for me but I couldn't afford to pay her anything near enough to make it worth her while and I don't want to take advantage of her. It's just so hard, looking at other people's shops who obviously have Etsy as their day job, they look so smart and professional, it makes my shop look pretty rubbish in comparison. I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm training to be a vet not a shop owner and this is just a hobby to me, so if it's not perfect, it doesn't matter too much. I think it's because I'm struggling at uni at the moment that the shop being sub-par bothers me so much, it would be nice to feel that there was at least one area of my life that wasn't failing!

At some point this weekend I'm going to have a blitz clean of the flat, that never fails to make me feel better!

No comments: