Tuesday 24 May 2011

Aunty Rita's chocolate crunch

Photobucket

This is a recipe passed on to me from my Mum, who got it from an elderly lady who used to live across from my Gran. Aunty Rita we used to call her, my brother and I would go over to see her when we visited my Gran and she would feed us millionaire shortbread, starting a love affair with the yummy biscuit that I still carry on today.

Photobucket

It's a bit of an 'eyeball until the proportions are right' type recipe but hopefully it's clear enough that you'll be able to work it out.

Ingrediants:
♥ 2 x 200g bars of chocolate
♥ 3 tbsps treacle
♥ butter - enough to bind it all together
♥ roughly 10 digestive biscuits
♥ roughly 10 ginger biscuits
♥ cherries
♥ sultanas
♥ large spoonful of ground cinammon

Method:
Melt the butter and add the treacle, keeping warm on the hob. Melt the chocolate and add to the butter/treacle mix. Stir in together. Crush the biscuits and mix in with the treacle/butter/chocolate, you can add more biscuits now if you don't think there's enough. Stir in the rest of the ingrediants, pour into a greased loaf tin and press down. Refridgerate and cut when set. Eat!

Photobucket

In other bakery news, my friend Danica (of Hedgehog Cake fame) made me an amazing chocolate cake for my birthday yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get any photos of it before we all set upon it like a pack of hungry wolves, but it was yummy! Check out the amazing chocolate hedgehogs and owls from Choco-latte that adorned the top, if you're in the Clerk St/Summerhall area of Edinburgh any time soon you should definitely check out that amazing little shop!

2 comments:

Lainey said...

Wow! They look good, lethal, but good!

Unknown said...

Yup yup, a bit of a diabetic coma ensued!