Thursday 5 May 2011

Care package

I made a little care package for my friend Heather after she had a rubbish week and put it all in a fabric basket I attempted to sew from this tutorial from Notes from a very red kitchen. I was reasonably pleased with how the basket turned out in theory, except I messed up the measurements (in that I eyeballed them and didn't use a ruler...) and ended up with a basket that only barely fit the things I wanted it to hold. Meaning when you picked up up, the basket folded in two and everything fell out. Meaning I eventually had to present everything neatly tucked in the basket, held together by a plastic bag reclaimed from some loose onions I bought. Sigh. It's all in the presentation...

Photobucket

Still, it's a lovely tutorial and I'll definitely try again, measuring properly this time!

No comments: