Monday 16 May 2011

Etsy envelopes

Oh, annoyance. I gave away the present I was working on without taking a photo of it! I'm pretty bad for doing that, I'll have to try and take a photo next time I'm round their flat. It was a crochet stripy blanket anyway, for a wedding we went to on Saturday. Hopefully now that one is out of the way (it was a bit of a manic rush to get it done in time!) I'll have more time to craft and blog! Blogging has been a bit on-off over the last month, between being away on placement and having exams, life has been a bit stressful. Even at the moment, my timetable at uni is more relaxed but I'm still finding myself pretty busy with ongoing deadlines and group work. It's much more manageable though and I have more free time to catch up on all the things I couldn't do because of exams!

Anyway, back to the crafting! The blanket was very much like this one but in purple and white instead. I like crochet blankets, they're nice and simple but you feel like you've acheived something when you get to the end.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've also been busy making more envelopes for my Etsy shop. When someone places an order, they get a business card and their paypal receipt in a little handmade envelope. I like to make the envelopes from interesting, thrifted paper and in the past have used Where's Wally books, magazines and old map books. I'm not so keen on the magazines so I'm steering clear of them now but this new batch are from an old OS map, a child's 'learn about the world' book and an old Cabbage Patch kids story book. I'm really pleased with how they've turned out and it's nice to have a stash to turn to, rather than rushing to package a parcel and have to make the envelope as well. Makes me feel very organised!

Photobucket

No comments: