Wednesday 18 May 2011

Work in progress Wednesday

I've got two works in progress to show you at the moment, though technically I have 5 projects on the go right now, Coraline cardigan, the secret project and Vicky's jumper dress are still sitting in my craft basket!

The on going saga of the vintage tweed jacket is finally drawing to a close, I've just got to hand stitch in the lining and give it a final iron and it'll be done! I'm pretty excited to wear it again, I've missed this little jacket, it's one of my favourites. It's been a good learning experience though, I now know how to reline a vintage jacket, very useful!

Photobucket

The other work in progress is a jumper for Pickle, my friend's corgi. She's not very well at the moment so I thought to cheer her (well, mainly Alison, her owner) up, I'd knit her a little jumper. I'm trying it on her as I go and I think the fit should be OK, I'm finding the increases over the shoulders pretty confusing at the moment but the nice thing about knitting for a dog is that she's not going to notice or care if I get it wrong! I'm using the Bucalicious Sweater pattern off Ravelry so I'll keep you updated with my progress!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tami Klockau said...

YAY for getting a favorite jacket back! I hate when something I love is broken/ripped, especially when it's vintage. First off, I have a corgi and OH MY GOD, that corgi stuffed animal you made is ADORABLE! I so want one! Second, how awesome of you to make Pickle a sweater! You're very smart to keep trying it on Pickle. Corgis are so oddly shaped, especially through the chest/shoulder area.

Unknown said...

Haha, thank you! Hopefully I'll have photos of it on her soon!