Monday 27 June 2011

Jumble sale finds

Check out this amazing green Aran cardigan that Viv found for me at the jumble sale. Isn't it awesome! It fits me perfectly, is probably my favourite shade of green (it brings out my eyes dahlings) and it's handmade in chunky wool!

Photobucket

In other exciting news, the vintage jacket relining is finally finished! You can read the whole saga in full here, here and here. By the end my hand sewing was getting decidedly larger and more wonky but I don't care, it's finished!

From this:

Photobucket

Plus this:

Photobucket

To this!

Photobucket

I even saved the original Jaeger label, rather wonkily sewn in!

Photobucket

Boy, it feels good to be finished with this one!

4 comments:

Lainey said...

Congrats on finishing the jacket! Must be a huge relief.

M-J said...

Hooray for the finished jacket! It looks really good, love the new fabric inside. x

Sarry B said...

It looks ace - you did a great job!

Unknown said...

Thanks everybuddy! I'm pretty pleased with it too, plus it's nice to finally finish something for a change, I've got so many unfinished projects lying around the house right now!