Tuesday 5 July 2011

Owl jumper

Apologies for the quiet over here at the moment, between placement and studying I'm not getting a huge amount of time to blog. Any time on the internet is restricted to my Etsy shop and decluttering the flat, I'm having a bit of a late spring clean so have been busy giving things away on Gumtree and Freecycle. There's something very satisfying about giving away things you no longer have a use for, especially if it's going to charity or a new home where it will be loved! I just took a couple of bags of stuff to Cash 4 Clothes, it's a relatively new shop down the road from me that takes all kinds of textiles, including odd socks, jeans with holes in the crotch and stained t-shirts. 2 bags gone, £3 in the anniversary fund, hurrah! It's not a lot of money, but it all adds up.

Anyway, I can't show you the 3 projects I've been working on recently because they're all presents so I don't want to give the game away until they've been given! But, I can update you on one on-going project, Vicky's jumper dress. Remember how I was struggling with the wool and the pattern? Well, Vicky's chosen some new patterns and among them is one I've been planning on doing for myself, Owls by Kate Davies.

Kate actually lives in Edinburgh and writes a really interesting blog called Needled. She has so many lovely patterns to chose from, but the following are definitely in my queue for the not-too-distant future!

The amazing Owl jumper. Imogene has knitted one of these and it looks amazing, I definitely want one for myself!

Photobucket

Even better than the owl jumper, the owlet jumper. How cute is this?! One of my friends is pregnant with her first baby and I'm totally making this one for the new arrival!

Photobucket

The tortoise and the hare sweater is so adorable, I might have to try and lengthen the sleeves since I'm a major wimp who gets cold in the summer time, but I love the fairisle pattern.

Photobucket

Ah, to have more time to just sit and knit...

No comments: