Thursday 29 March 2012

New house blanket

I just started this crochet granny square pattern I found on Ravelry, it's free to download and I thought it would be a good opportunity to stretch my crocheting muscles and finally learn to read a crochet pattern properly. I was a bit worried, especially after spending all my paypal funds on Donegal Aran tweed wool on ebay, that I wouldn't be able to work out the pattern and it would all be a waste, but it's actually super easy, I haven't had to use youtube once!

Photobucket

This is to replace Little Ugly Blanket, my first ever crochet project, since hopefully we'll be getting a puppy in the not-too-distant future (this summer hopefully, assuming I pass my exams and get a job!) and Little Ugly Blanket is destined for the dog's bed. He's old now and getting holes and pulled threads and lets face it, he's ugly. I can do better now, so I want something pretty and professional-looking for our new home!

Photobucket

I'm pleased with how this one is going so far, I can knock out a square in an episode of True Blood (we've worked our way through seasons 1 and 2 in about 2 weeks, that show is addictive!) so I think it will grow quite quickly. Just so long as its ready for our new home, the New Home Blanket!

No comments: