Tuesday 27 March 2012

Velvet hearts

Just a quickie today, I made a card for my friend Toni who had a baby a few days ago! I'm pretty certain she doesn't read my blog (and even if she does, I'm sure she's far too busy with baby Isaac to be reading just now!) but I don't want to spoil the surprise in case she does, so you'll have to wait and see what I made him!

In the meantime though, here's the card I made to pop in with the present. It's super simple, velvet hearts sewn onto card, but I like how it looks. I'll definitely be making more of these in the future!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was loosely based on this lovely tutorial from A Beautiful Mess for how to make your own stationary set, but instead of plain rectangles, I wanted to experiment with shapes. I'll definitely be making some with rectangles though, I love it as an idea to show off a scrap of nice or sentimental fabric!

No comments: