Sunday 3 June 2012

Trading knitting for thrift

Just a quick one, I'm 4 days away from my first finals exam (terrifying!) and have so much to get through before Thursday, I feel like my head might explode a little.  But, it's Sunday night, it's the Diamond Jubilee and I haven't managed to have any fun so far on this amazing 4 day weekend.  So I've decided I'm taking an hour off tonight to watch The Apprentice and eat some Baileys chocolate cheesecake.

20120526_124716

So, whilst I have a few minutes waiting for the kettle to boil, here's a little craft project I've been working on over the past few weeks.  It's for my friend Lydia, who recently gave me an amazing Joules bodywarmer that she found left in her Gran's holiday rental cottage and took for me.  It fits perfectly, it's raspberry pink and goes with everything and I've worn it pretty much every day for the past 4 weeks.  Plus, it's thrifted (kind of, I feel guilty for the poor person who left it behind but apparently it had been there for 6 months and was starting to go mouldy so I don't feel too bad!) so ethical and I didn't have to spend £70, which is how much they are new!

20120526_124636

I'm really pleased with how these turned out, they were made with New Lanark yarn leftover from Andrew's Transformers gloves so another wee stash bust as well.

20120526_124808

I'm planning a second pair for me, but at the moment I'm working on another knitted lamb.

Ooo, once exams are over, I have a blog award to give out!  Mary Jane, of Paper Blossom Stationary awarded me a blog award, it's given to bloggers with 200 or less followers and I have to pass it on to 5 more people!  So watch this space, I'll be handing out that award soon, thank you MJ! ♥


No comments: