Tuesday 10 July 2012

Last of the baby posts

Phew!  Hopefully this will be the last of the baby posts for a while, I've got a few little baby-related projects up my sleeve but for the moment I'm plodding away at the new house blanket and my jumper dress.

Photobucket

Lots has happened here at Chez Taylor-Dyce in the past few weeks, I finished my finals, passed and graduated and now am in job and house hunting mode.  We also adopted this wee man from the cat and dog home, he's a completely mental bundle of energy but he's also adorable (when he's sleeping!).  I'm really glad we got him while I'm unemployed though, I'm exhausted with the contant trek up and down 3 flights of stairs trying to toilet train, I can't imagine how I'd do it if I was working as well!

Badgeroo





















Badger


066 

Exhausted but delighted

I also inherited 4 chickens off a friend emigrating back to the States, they're currently residing at Carolyn's house until we move somewhere with a garden but they are amazing, it's like having little dinosaurs in your back garden.

208850_181556845309036_1452948378_n

Photo stolen from Alison's Mum

It's funny, I thought once graduation was out of the way life would return to normal and I'd have this whole long summer of relaxing in front of me.  Sadly though, between dogs, chickens, house hunting, job hunting and all my friends gradually leaving the country, it's been a pretty unsettling few weeks.  I'm not complaining mind you, I'm delighted to finally be done with being a student, but it's definitely been an emotional rollercoaster.  I almost want to fast forward to the part where we're settled in a house with a garden and I have a job and life can go back to a nice, quiet routine.  I don't enjoy change at all, it's really quite tragic.

But!  You're not here to read about my life, you want to know about the crafts!  Well, there is nothing new and exciting here sadly.  It's another crocheted blanket and accompanying lamb.  Still, I'm pleased with how they both turned out and the new parents seemed delighted so all is good in the world.  And it was another little stash-bust, I'm quite proud of myself!

006-7

008-2

009-5

007-10

029-2

028-1

027-1


No comments: